sixpointbleed

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

urban biking.
i was biking home down queen street yesterday and then BAM! door prize. i swerved pretty quickly, to avoid my bike slamming directly into the door, only to have my arm and right side of my body slam into the door jam. great.

i reminded the motorist that looking before he jacked his door open was his responsibility. he told me that i should relax. wtf?! buddy almost turns me into a soup sandwich. and then he tells me to relax. ohhhhhhhh mannnnn.

my arm is swollen. sore. and bruised, but i'm ok.

school has started. classes are pretty rad (motion, advanced type and letter press). work is good. life is busy but amazing.

/dr.


4 Comments:

Blogger ButterPeanut said...

door prize!! urgh, I am totally angry on your behalf. Toronto drivers can be awful.

actually I got the door prize shortly before I left Toronto and this squad of hipsters ran over and totally reamed the guy in the car for me. it was pretty awesome.

2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I checked out the urban dictionary def'n of door prize... and one reads
"a common pre-paid sexual service, usually offered at Stag parties."
I.E. Last week at Dave's Stag, John and Tim got the door prizes with those two skank strippers.
I'm guessing it was the other def'n???
-RYAN

5:13 PM  
Blogger /dr. said...

no. actually, i was biking, and this ripper jumped out of his VW bus and gave me a lap dance on the side of queen street. i guess some of my friends thought i was getting married NEXT summer...

ya. the other def.
/dr.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Joey said...

So one of my brothers is a police officer and the other one is getting pre-paid sexual services on Queen street. Hmmm.

By the way Dylan, I do feel bad that your entire body is in shambles, but I'll be damned if the thought of you crashing into a parked car isn't at least mildly amusing.

Also, I should consult the Urban Dictionary more. The only context I have for a "door prize" is that time we won a Nintendo at the grocery store. Oh blissful memories...

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home