sixpointbleed

Monday, August 21, 2006

hell can't touch god's grace...and camping.

my weekend started with a chemical burn.


that's my back. it's one of the worst burns i've ever felt. i'd rather turn the stove up to ten and press my face against the element. well maybe not. but it was excruciating. i have a bad back. part of it is genetics and part of it is stupidity from my youth. so my mom put some lakota heat stuff (kinda like A535 or deep heat or whatever you put on sore muscles). 30 seconds after she put it on it started to burn like hell. ten minutes after that, i was lying face down on the floor talking to a nurse on the phone while my brother and parents took turns pressing cold cloths and ice packs to my pack. i closed my eyes and all i could image was my back looking like a picture of fire burn victim that you would find in a medical text book. 40 minutes later the picture was taken, which is why it doesn't look THAT bad. it sucked. i almost passed out.

on a more positive note, i went camping this weekend with my family. here are some highlights.


we started off hiking to cameron falls. it's one of my favorite places in YK. here's a picture of me, j-unit (my sister-in-law) and jo-nads (older bro).

after the hike, we headed to reid lake (camping site) where we hung out, laughed, bonded, ate some bannock and chili and went canoeing. here's j-unit and i rockin' the paddles in the boat.

then we packed up and left. i included this last picture because it's a good one of b-roy (aka pop star) and I.
and that was my weekend.

love,
/dr.

ps. if you would be ever so kind to give me a massage, so i'll never have to endure that awful burning pain ever again, leave me a comment and i'll book an appointment. thanks.

11 Comments:

Blogger ButterPeanut said...

Yikes! So, does that mean you're allergic to Lakota? Or did you mix up the "Lakota" with the "Hydrochloric Acid"?

Also, that's the wickedest tattoo.

9:25 AM  
Blogger /dr. said...

i'm allergic to it. plus, i'm on meds that make my skin mega-sensitive. and thanks :)

/dr.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

My unofficial job at that conference i run, is the LITE masseuse.

I've got the hook ups :P

Plus, I hear ya on skin reactions to chemicals... have you heard my rant on I'm allergic to anything to help keep me clean?

4:41 PM  
Blogger /dr. said...

i haven't heard the rant, but i do know you're allergic to a lot of soap stuff.

/dr.

ps. hook me up! :)

5:05 PM  
Blogger AZD said...

I think Lakota is revenge from the Natives.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

1. Dude, Bannock!

2. Once, in 3rd year university, I put aloe vera on my face and it caused a similar result. My face turned the color of a beet, and all of my muscles froze so that I couldn't even open my mouth. It was a very BAD SCENE. But it only lasted for 10 minutes or so, then it went back to normal.

1:59 PM  
Blogger /dr. said...

revenge?! i'm one of them...i should let them know that i'm on their team. and that totally sucks leah. ACTUALLY, when i was freakin' out and my family and i were trying to figure out what to do, my older brother said, "i know! put some aloe vera on his back...that's good stuff"

haha

/dr.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dylan so totally has the same 'mega-sensitive' skin that i had last winter! i'm totally feelin' ya, bro. any night blindness yet? ;)

k

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dylan so totally has the same 'mega-sensitive' skin that i had last winter! i'm totally feelin' ya, bro. any night blindness yet? ;)

k

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a comment
Ang and I ate bannock this weekend too... must be twins!

-RYan
ps I love bannock

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

alright.. so i dont know if the title of this blog had anyhting to do with how the burn looked.. but all the unburned parts make the shape of a cross ha.. and goes around your saved by grace.. neat? i think so. but i think you noticed that.. but by the way seeing your family really makes me happy for somreason.. i think its cause i love you guys so much. Even your parents, i only know them to a certain extent but still appreciate them a bunch.. as well as your bro joey.. but Good lord knows how much i love you and ryan hah.. man im really goin on about this. ha.. well thats all for now.

Dan.

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home