sixpointbleed

Sunday, November 12, 2006

it's christmas time again!
i love christmas. for real. but it seems like a lot of people hate this time of the year for one reason or another. other people just don't find beauty in this holiday.

last year my friend asked our teacher how his christmas holidays went. his reply, "i fackin' love christmas, it's the biggest excuse in the world to veg for two fackin' weeks." i joke about all the time...but for real!? that's the meaning of christmas? veggin' for two fackin' weeks?

last week i asked someone if he was pumped for christmas. his reply, "i REALLY don't like christmas...with all the shopping and stuff...AHHH...i don't like it" so christmas is about shopping?

so when the rest of the world has their shopping and veggin' to do (or whatever else they do to occupy their holidays). i'll keep with my holiday tunes, my christmas teas, my love for people i don't get to see regularly and the beautiful thought that there's a god who would be crazy enough to be born in bowl that animals eat from...just because he loves me and this screwed up world that i'm surround with. absolutely beautiful.

love,
/dr.


3 Comments:

Blogger AZD said...

I have a love/hate relationship with Christmastime too. The family stuff is cool but I hate the gift giving pressure that goes along with it.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts exactly! Jenn and I have already started our holiday season tradition of making waffles Saturday mornings and playing Christmas music. Good times...

By the way, when you come to YK next month can you bring me up some Christmas teas, b/c they don't seem to get it up here. I'm looking forward to having the whole family together for the holidays. Also, you gotta meet Butte. I think you'll like him.

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Dr.
nice post this one.

anyway.. not too early to talk about xmas??
to reply to your "ps" .. who i am.. what do u mean? .. still trying to understand who i am.

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home