sixpointbleed

Thursday, August 24, 2006

how i get through a long day.
my friend
jen, recently made a post about those cheesy tropical island desktop backgrounds. the post was about how these fantasy images are like a portal that can take you from your soul-sucking office to a happy place. go read it now if you're intrigued. but please come back.

while i don't have a picture of myself drinking a corona on a beach in mexico as my background, i do have my own method of dealing with stress at work. let me explain to you my reasoning before i tell you what i do. my brother is the program co-ordinator at an old folks home here in YK. every couple weeks they have a "dog therapy day". so they bring dogs into the home because dogs make people happy.

so when i can't get a concept nailed, or i can't think straight, i head over to
cute overload dot com and look at the kitties and bunnies. it's really lame, but it does make me happy. it's actually boarderline embarassing. yesterday i started giggling in my office. here are some of my favorite cheer-er-uppers:


it's hard to tell because of the angle, but those bunnies in the last picture are really big! which intrigued me to find a really really big bunny. i found this guy!
just look at that him! he's soooooo cool. don't you just want to hug him!? and he's real! so now, whenever i get stressed out, i make up a story with this guy as the lead character.

for example. imagine coming over to my apartment to watch a movie with bunch of friends. all of a sudden this guy casually romps into the room chomping on a bundle of carrots. and at first you think, "cool! dylan got a dog...and then you take a closer look...and you think....NOOOOooooooo...that's an ENORMOUS bunny."

i asked age if she would let me have a bunny like this some day. she told me i couldn't because the big guy would be so disgruntled from such a traumatic childhood...or bunnyhood...that he would probably eat someone. plus he would stomp all over the furniture and probably break the couch.

it's ok little guy, i'll be your friend.

love,
/dr.

ps. that bunny DID make your day though right? common!
pss. my mom thinks i'm losing my marbles.

8 Comments:

Blogger ButterPeanut said...

I just checked your blog because I got stuck writing a sentence in my paper, and yes, that bunny totally made my day.

I think it would be cool if/when you and age become the RoyalCeasars, if you have a gigantic bunny. You could name him Tertius or something.

12:39 PM  
Blogger AZD said...

I LOVE cute overload dot com, it's frickin' awesome. And your post made me crack up too.

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

umm metro is still cuter!
-V

3:06 PM  
Blogger Joey said...

I also think you're losing your marbles a little bit too. But, I'll admit it, that picture of the huge bunny fills me with happy feelings.

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man oh man oh man, kitties kitties kitties! my heart jumps for joy for kitties! [and sometimes monkies]. i wish i could bring my kitty down to the t-dot--she beats the crap outta all those other 'mals [thats short for animals.. like 'za is to pizza..]. haha see you soon good friend! keep graphic designing [YEAH! *arms in champion position*]..

/af.

ps. i like that you are doing ps's.
pss. that's only one letter away from piss! oh my.

3:49 PM  
Blogger ButterPeanut said...

that wittle guy buring his face in his paws is aDOWable.

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That thing could feed me for a week!
... I wonder what the bag limit is on those things.

-J/K I won't bag your cute bunny

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.iminurwebsite.com/index.cfm?id=72
TRY and look thru this website without laughing. i dare you.

.tif

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home